Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First Day of Colloquium

I have to be honest and say that I was not too excited for this course, but the first day changed my mind completely. It really helps that my professor actually wants to teach the course, because he makes the class more engaging than I thought it would be. I could see how this class could be a drag if it was being taught by an uninterested person. Instead, it will turn out to be a very well needed break from my nursing courses--my only field trips are to the hospital! The theme of the first class had a lot to do with what students ultimately get out of their college courses...if a student leaves the class with the same beliefs as he or she went into it with, it's pointless! In my three years of school, none of my professors have ever brought this to my attention and my mind was going for the rest of the class. This idea really got me thinking...some of my courses were a total waste of time. Or were they? I will definitely be getting everything I can out of courses from now on and challenging/exploring my beliefs more often.

Julie

1 comment:

  1. It's never too late to take charge of your learning experiences.

    Passive "learning" pales in comparison to self-directed, intentional learning!

    Welcome aboard. It's a great journey!

    ReplyDelete