Tuesday, May 31, 2011

ECHO

When I first heart about ECHO, I thought it had more to do with feeding hungry people than educating them. That was before I knew what it stood for: Educational Concerns for Hunger Organization. The whole concept of this farm is very interesting and useful. I thought it was really great that the people of this organization came up with ways for people who do not have the means to make a living to farm and feed their families. Someone in a village in Africa (or any country, for that matter) could really benefit from these methods of farming plants and animals. I also really liked how ECHO has a seed bank and a nursery. The seeds can benefit people all over the world because the plants can grow in areas where it is too dry, too wet, or too hilly. The trees at the nursery can benefit local consumers as well, and in turn their money benefits ECHO. I would rather spend my money at a nursery like this where I know my money is going to help fight world hunger as opposed to Lowe's or Home Depot. I am definitely going to go back to get some plants, and if not, the Moringa seeds were only $3.00...it seems like that would be three dollars well spent for all the nutrition in one leaf!

No comments:

Post a Comment