Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Corkscrew Sanctuary

Today at Corkscrew Sanctuary, I learned a lot about Florida's habitats and nature. For example, the pine uplands/flatwoods, the grass prairie, and the cypress swamp. I thought it was really cool that the pine trees grow leaves very high up to avoid fires, but all the new knowledge about nature isn't what really blew my skirt up this time...

...it was the part where Dr.Morris explained that we all need to take more time out of our lives to reflect. He was exactly right--my life is spent checking things off my to-do list. While I'm busy making lists and checking them off...life is passing me by! When we took time to reflect today, I really took in every sight and sound around me. It was peaceful, and I should make time in my life to do it more often. Also, it is important that we remember how Florida used to be. I am happy that there are places like this, but there should be more of them.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts on the importance of reflection. Nice gator picture, too!

    ReplyDelete